Friday, March 11, 2011

Things I love About jQuery

One of the best tools in my developer tool box in the last year has been jQuery It's made the impossible not only become possible it's made it simple, pretty and elegant all at the same time. I have to give a huge THANKS to the jQuery peeps, they have really opened some doors for me in my development. Here's a few specifics I love about it.
  1. Selectors: jQuery gives you a multitude of ways to select an element, you can do it via ancestorys, id, class, type, attribute etc, it also does wildcard matching. It's truly awesome
  2. Animation: provides a simple way to do all the "Web 2.0" fades, slides, color changes, etc.
  3. Cross Compatibility: Is definitely the best when it comes to cross browser compatibility right out of the box, which is another HUGE time saver in development.
  4. Plugins: What saves you more time than having the functionality written already and you can simply "Plug-In", did I mention I love jQuery.
That's just a few reasons why if you're writing web applications, you should be using jQuery, there are MANY MANY more reasons to use jQuery, and if you're not, I hope I convinced you.
Peace out.
-Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment